The Sentinel Distributed Database (SDD) has:
- 223 million members* 2000-2016 (178 million members* with both medical and pharmacy benefits), age breakdown as follows:
- 425 million person-years of observation time
- 43 million people currently accruing new data
- 5.9 billion pharmacy dispensings
- 7.2 billion unique medical encounters
- 42 million people with at least one laboratory test result
- *Counts distinct patient ID values in the database.
Essential to the success of the Sentinel Program are two key features: (1) the fact that it is a distributed database, and (2) it makes use of a common data model.
Click here for more information on Sentinel’s Distributed Database and Common Data Model.
Click here for information on Sentinel’s Complementary Data Sources